January 4th, 2010 by BugGuy
We talk about DIY pest control from time to time and while this can be a successful way to control pests, it’s not always the most efficient and environmentally friendly answer to the problem. Doing your own pest control can be quite the investment of time, energy and sometimes even money.
Here are 10 reasons why you should hire a professional pest control company instead of treating the problem yourself.
1. Pest control companies have the knowledge plus years and years of experience in identifying pests.
2. Pest management professionals use pesticides that last at least 60 days as opposed to pesticides purchased in local stores which can have residual effects that may only last 30 minutes.
3. Using a professional company will allow you to get on a maintenance schedule to prevent any reoccurring pest infestations.
4. Many companies are so confident in their work they’ll offer a guarantee for a certain period of time.
5. The pesticides used by professional pest control companies are regulated for consumer protection. Plus, a company will know the effective amount of pesticide to use.
6. Some companies are licensed to do research with their findings; this research helps to improve pest control treatments.
7. Pest control companies must be licensed. In the state of California, the Structural Pest Control Board is the regulating body.
8. Professionals know the safest way to treat the problem. Bees and wasps can be dangerous if they’re not handled properly.
9. Chances are, an experienced pest control company has seen a similar pest problem and if not, they’ll figure out how to fix it. Professionals have specialized equipment and knowledge, which comes in handy for pests such as termites.
10. It’s not uncommon for pest control companies to offer free quotes and/or home inspections. Take advantage of these and don’t hesitate to get a second opinion.
Hiring a pest control company may seem costly but it’s worth the investment. Because of experience and the latest technologies, professionals can safely handle your pest infestation in a timely manner. When you pay a pest control company you’re paying for the pesticides but anyone can spray a baseboard; you’re also paying for knowledge and experience.
Hiring a pest control company may seem costly but it’s worth the investment. Because of experience and the latest technologies, professionals can safely handle your pest infestation in a timely manner. When you pay a pest control company, you’re paying for the pesticides – yet anyone can spray a baseboard. You are also paying for knowledge and experience.
If you are a resident of Orange County, California, you can count on a professional Orange County termite and pest control company such as Accurate Termite Control for all of your termite and pest control needs. Please visit www.accuratetermitecontrol.com for more information.