December 6th, 2008 by BugGuy
Very few people appreciate the cockroach and as one of the most common household pests it’s no wonder. But cockroaches have been around for millions of years so chances are they aren’t going to disappear anytime soon. There are some simple and inexpensive ways to cut down on the number of roaches around your house.
Five Easy Ways to Reduce the Number of Roaches in Your Home:
1. Store both your plastic and paper bags in a zipping plastic bag…bunched up bags are great nesting environments for cockroaches
2. Avoid leaving dirty dishes in the sink and uncovered food on the counter for an extended period of time
3. Keep pet food out of the kitchen and in air tight containers
4. Take care of extra moisture from leaky pipes, faucets, etc..
5. If you store garbage under the sink, regularly clean the area for spilled food, debris and anything that may attract roaches
6. Hire a cockroach exterminator.
Did you know…
Cockroaches can be found around the world and adapt very easily to many environments
Fossils of cockroach-like insects date back to between 354–295 million years ago
The largest species of cockroach is over three inches long
There are over 4,000 different species of cockroaches but only four species of cockroaches are considered pests in the United States
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.